Tiny House Heaven

 When I was in Oregon I began to dream of a Tiny House. I’d talk to my friend Sam and we’d pretend he build it for me—even then I knew there is no such thing as tiny house prices. Tiny houses are big business and folks are paying upwards of $75,000 to outfit trailers or build on wheels. Then . . .

I moved here to Michigan and, though, I have a great situation, I haven’t given up on my dream of having my own small place. Lo and behold, my dream might be coming true.

My daughter and son-in-law just bought a house with a studio out back. Yup, a tiny out building. Not quite a house, not yet, but we are looking at what it will take to retrofit it for year-round living. Since they moved (like the day before yesterday!) I’ve ridden my bike over and hung out and it’s been so nice just sitting in the backyard watching Jack play (hurt himself) and being able to be an extra set of eyes and hands to help. It’s given me a glimpse of what life could be like: the dream of tiny house living.

 


 

 

Comments

Donna Coleman said…
looks like a lovely gift custom made for you.
Steffie said…
it looks perfect! Did you come up with a plan?