Alpine lakes, hike, and bike

My last full day in Switzerland. Again the weather was terrific. After breakfast we packed a picnic, swim clothes, and towels and left Monica's house for a hike. Hike, such a small word. It was a big climb. At one point we went through a cow pasture (everything is a cow pasture!) and the cows blocked the way.

Our goal was a lake for swimming. At a picnic table we ate out lunch before going down a path in the woods and stopping by benches beside the lake. There we quickly changed.

The surface water temperature was 22C (not sure what that means, cold enough). The plunge took my breath away. I swam toward a resting platform in the middle before swimming back. I didn't dare get out, afraid I wouldn't get back in. After the swim, I laid on my towel getting warm from the sun.

We left around 3:15 because Monica had to leave for a family weekend planned in advance over a year ago. She left on a bus at 4:10. I'll see her at the end of my bike ride, but for Johanna ... we'll see.








I changed clothes and road my bike up the mountain to then ride back down; hands on the brakes the whole time.

Later clouds rolled in, obscuring the peaks. Still beautiful.

Comments