What this blog is about

I started this blog 12 years ago with a lot of skepticism—like does the world NEED another blog? Perhaps it was doubt about the legitimacy of my own voice, but through the years my voice has become stronger and clearer. In fact by blogging I’ve been able to sort out thinking and smooth my opinions into articulated arguments. In some ways, it’s been a source of healing.

When I started years ago I wanted to organize around memories and the importance of small observations. Being a writer means looking, using one’s senses, being alive to the world around you. Some of the best poets and prose writers incorporate the simple everyday, but weave it into their narratives in such a way that helps us to see our own lives as unique. We draw a reader in by having them relate, while at the same time hitting reset. There’s always something new.

Use the link below. Some of you may be curious about my flash method, if so then Flash Memoir: Writing Prompts to Get You Flashing is available for free. The other titles on offer are discounted. Thanks for checking them out:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/725948

We begin with a sudden memory, follow it to see where it leads. Yet so many of us tend to ignore these flashes.Using a process I call write right now, I help the writer to harvest the urgency of sudden memories.The prompts in this book are designed to spur memories, to get you writing. I’ll also direct you to resources, authors to read and study, and places to submit.


Comments