Lansing, Michigan

 I feel like a high school senior whose parents and relatives keep asking: What are you going to do? What’re your plans?

I have no idea.

I keep checking the various websites looking for rental properties in the Lansing, MI area. My daughter thought I was just being negative but even she agreed that most offerings look like meth houses. And it’s not just Craigslist. You’d think even a realtor taking site glamor shots would straighten the towels in the bathroom.

I’m just not sure how I’m going to get from A to B at this rate.

So I’ve decided to write down my dream list, aspects I’d like to see in my next sojourn:

            *ground floor entrance, I have 2 bikes

            *a balcony or back patio

*kitchen

            *bathroom

            *cozy tiny house feel

            *garden, or a bit of nature

            *not too close to a busy road

            *close to a library, grocery

            *close to a bike shop I can work at

            *neighbors, landlord, or roommate that can dialogue, but sensitive to privacy ie likes to grill

            *not a far ride or an easy bus ride to Grace’s house

As much as I’m looking forward to Fall in apple-rosey Michigan, I’m not as thrilled with the idea of riding my bike in the snow. I’m trying to stay open.



Comments