Fehmarn Island to Fed Havn, Denmark

Friday June 15, 2018, 128 km (80 miles) - Total so far: 896 km (557 miles)

Very pleasant morning. Did not feel like a pedaling machine. It has occurred to me that I wasn't getting much rest at night. Even though in my tent I sleep straight through, the sun wakes me up early. I'm usually off by 7 a.m.=getting lost.
on the way to the ferry

on the way to the ferry

on the ferry to Denmark

in Denmark follow these signs

Welcome to Denmark

quiet roads

Fed Havn

This a.m. I woke up in my little house, made tea, and sat there enjoying myself. No hurry. The ferry is just down a gravel path, right by the sea, about 5 Km. The sky is a light blue and forever by the sea.
I bought my ticket from the kiosk for bikes and motor cycles, it was 17 Euros. It wasn't possible to get a combined tix for Helsingborg ferry.

At 1:30 I took a lunch break outside of Saksring, at almost 50 KM. Then as leaving made a wrong turn and made a big circle around the town. Sheesh.

Pulled into free camping/campingplads Fed Havn at almost 8 p.m.

A Boy Scout troop booked the three shelters, so I'm staying in a shady area by the water and across from the latrine. Very nice spot, free camping.

Just a very Danish day. Blue-checkered skies, green and yellow fields, rolling hills.

Comments