April Showers--UPDATED

When it rains it pours.
Last month I had 3 (THREE!)(OOPS! SORRY--THAT'S FOUR!! NEWER UPDATE: as of today FIVE!!!) short pieces taken. SEE OTHER WRITING

I've been developing what I call Flash Memoir--when you isolate or freeze frame a memory and then simply write (SHORT) about it. The pieces are usually under 1,000 words and sometimes between 250 - 500. The idea is to exercise the memory muscles and also if you're like me you can easily get overwhelmed by contemplating a longer piece--and sometimes the memory is better left as a flash than to over analyzing.

If you are interested in hearing more about this Flash Memoir process then consider joining us for our next CHICAGO NETWORK meeting Monday, April 16th @ 7 pm at the Sultzer Regional Library. More info at the SCBWI-Illinois website HERE

Comments

Sheila said…
Jane, I wish I could attend your talk! Where are your short pieces being published? I'm looking forward to reading them all! I am trying to revise a novel that has a lot to do with memories and time. I also have a memoir to finish . . .