Starting a New Job

I was super excited and also a bit anxious.

Let me just say that reading through the employee handbook online was inspiring. Playmakers and my own philosophy of wellness are a perfect fit. That being said, the first training module following a fitter on the sales floor was challenging. The customer had always had trouble with collapsed arches and her ankle literally rolled when she walked. Yet the person training me was able to find the right shoe. I was merely an observer but clapped when the woman said her shoes felt great!

I’ve only been there one day and can already see that there is going to be a huge learning curve. The nice thing is that my job is a quick walk from my house. I can be there and home in five minutes. The work/home balance is what I’m looking forward to as well as the camaraderie from staff in a supportive environment.



Comments