Making plans, change is in the air

Making plans, change is in the air

Ever since my daughter and her family, the whole reason I’m here in Eugene, moved away, I’ve been trying to decide my next move.

It’s hard. I love it out here. The weather, my job, my living situation. The sense of feeling vital and necessary. I hate to leave it.

But, yet, I feel as if I’m living a half-life, missing my loved ones.

So I’m making lists and figuring out my next step. That’s it, steps. I don’t have the whole map. Not yet. I am just beginning, one foot in front of another.

As many of you know, before moving out here, in a van going to the airport with my suitcase, pulling out of the parking space my friend spotted a sign. A hawk on a fence post

A sign of what I wasn’t sure.

I’m looking for signs.

My Portland, OR friend invited me to a womans’ conference, Unveiled, taking place at Cascades Camp and Conference Center, Yelm, Washington. My plan is to bus up to Seattle to visit a friend and then hitch a ride to the retreat.

I’ll be meditating, seeking direction, clarity. Beneath the towering trees, on the trails, listening to these women share their own lives.

http://www.wmpacnwc.org/events/fall-retreat/

More than anything, I don’t want to be afraid. I want to be able to take risks, and possibly let go of stuff I’ve been hanging onto for too long.

Send good vibes, and I’ll continue to update. 

You’ve always given me breathing room, a place to get away from it all,
a lifetime pass to your safe-house, an open invitation as your guest.
You’ve always taken me seriously, God, made me welcome among those
who know and love you.
Psalm 61:3-5 (MSG)

Comments