Remembering Us

Still on the theme of Remembering/Memories, John Legend

Remember Us

John Legend, Rapsody

This song is a playful reminder of past times, better times

It is also a soulful, slow groove, a romantic song

Perhaps a good WRITING PROMPT might be to layer some sentences

that follow this pattern, build a memory

 

Oh, I remember this:

I remember you and I was like lightning and thunder (lightning and thunder)

'Member that night you met my daddy and mama? (Daddy and mama)

Got drunk for the first time, we laughed all summer

Laughed at Martin, we starved, it was part of the come-up

Actin' juvenile to Juvenile, backin' it up

Actin' a nut in the Acura, the number one stunna (oh, yeah, yeah)

I remember you the same, you made me laugh 'til we cried

Had knots in our stomachs (that's right)

You remember parties, nights up at the skating rink? (Oh)

Goin' crazy, watchin' Kobe win another ring (goin' crazy)

We would argue, kiss and make up, then fall asleep (yeah)

You went to church with me, singing Kingdom Melodies (whoa)

Uh, date nights watchin' old movies (watchin' old movies)

Halloween, I was Kim, you was B.I.G. in Coogi (was B.I.G.)

I remember how you laughed when I tripped and fall

Give you the side-eye like, "Baby, that ain't funny at all" (that ain't funny)

(Yeah) then I crack up

You and I, you know we always had to act up (yeah)

Let's back up

Oh, I remember us

Don't wake me up, I'm in this dream



 

Comments