My Bike Trip to Nova Scotia, NB, coast of Maine

Day 1, Camping at Graves Island Provincial Park

Thursday June 15, 2017, 52 miles (84 km) - Total so far: 52 miles (84 km)

Yesterday was uneventful, as it should be when flying. Had to change planes and do passport control in Toronto. In 30 minutes! Because plane was late leaving Chicago. Nevertheless, my bike and I landed in Halifax, hallelujah. Next I assembled the bike in record time and caught 2 buses to make it to my Warmshowers host. Steve was great. I stayed up until 11 talking with he and his girlfriend. Just leaving the States is helping me feel better and at peace. Of course, it hasn't started raining yet.
Today Steve helped me get some supplies (cookies, etc) and showed me the way to the bank. Once that was done he dropped me off at the trailhead and I was off, about 10 a.m. I rode until lunch at White Sails Bakery. After that there was a bit of rain pitter patter, but the trail was very good. There was a patch about 2 miles before Hubbard where I hope there will be improvements, but really it is a great trail system, saving me from the stress of self-navigation and traffic. BLT, to St. Margaret Bay, then to Aspotogan Trail, and then Chester Connection. Grades were gentle and surface was crushed limestone.

Pulled in the park at 5 pm. Sun is slowly sinking and it's after 9 pm. Really an excellent day.


Warmshower Steve
Bike trail

Comments