Labor Day

I know we’re a few weeks off from Labor Day (it’s coming up quick!)

Still ruminating about “Wichita Lineman” the Glen Campbell song, and the line: I know I need a small vacation. http://memoirouswrite.blogspot.com/2017/08/wichita-lineman.html

As I mentioned Jimmy Webb who wrote the song lyrics was in the midst of a couple of projects and on deadline when Campbell called him requesting another hit song. No biggie.

I’m sure he had to go for stream-of-consciousness kind of composing, randomly stringing thoughts, lines, phrases together. Perhaps he thought I need a small vacation. As soon as I get done with all this I’m taking off, splitting town.

I’ve been conferring with a couple of engineers working on the CTA Wilson Red Line renovation for a photo exhibit at Everybody’s Coffee. We talked about representing all aspects, all the different kinds of laborers who contributed to getting this project done. It was a complete tear down of both tracks and station and rebuilding—all while keeping the train running.

Iron workers, construction, flaggers.


We’re looking forward to this next show. The city that works. Way to go!

Comments