Day 10, All the Way To Key West!

All the Way To Key West!

Monday February 9, 2015, 66 miles (106 km) - Total so far: 566 miles (911 km)

I awoke to a soft rain, but packed up dry beneath the awning of my little tiki. I was on the road by 8:30 as I stopped and tried to charge the phone.
Really was a great ride. The wind with me more than against me. Had a bagel in Big Pine Key and was able to call the hostel in Key West and book a bed. $50, but it is HIGH season.

I rode over the 7-mile bridge which wasn't so bad on a Monday. There certainly are no turn-offs or places to park. It's just an incredibly long, lowish bridge with a wide shoulder to bike on.

Made it to the southern most by 3:45, where I was actually greeted. I rode out and someone yelled, Jane! Jane! I wasn't expecting that. It was Steve, the rider I met a few days ago, and his wife. We took pics of each other and exchanged e-mails.

So, my journey is done. Will do a wrap up from home. I ate some Cuban beans and tomorrow will take the fast ferry to Ft. Myers.
end of the line

southern most point, only 90 miles to Cuba


the sun sets on a fabulous journey

Comments