All Shook Up

Just when I thought I had nothing new to write about this happens

Needless to say, things have been chaotic. Emergency surgery. My father suffers a fall Christmas Eve. This is the season for expecting the unexpected.

In the next few days we will bring in 2011--what will the new year bring for you?

I'm looking forward to this. My VERY FIRST artist residency. I'm particularly looking forward to the twice daily dip in the local hot springs which is part of the residency package. To offset the travel expenses and other misc I'm applying to this. I was awarded monies in 2007 for professional development and hope to receive some this coming year.

So I encourage you dear readers to start getting your applications in for conferences (see my Highlights Foundation post from earlier), grants, and residencies. It is much better to hope and feel rejected than to never risk at all.

I might not be posting much this next week as I take time off to visit my parents and assess their situation. 2011 will be a year of new lifestages for me and mine.

Take care and have a Happy, SAFE New Year!

Comments