Day 22, Glen Ullim to Richardton, ND: Short day, staying at Assumption Abbey

Friday June 19, 2020, 27 miles (43 km) - Total so far: 1,223 miles (1,968 km)

Last night it dropped below 40 degrees. There was a heavy dew on plastics and tent. Jeremy and I headed out together at about 9 a.m. We made it to Hebron for an egg breakfast at a cafe. We discovered after we left that we entered mountain time zone. I said goodbye to Jeremy in Richardton. I also bought a watch battery, but watch problem not resolved. Do I need a watch? Can check time on phone. I think the sweat killed it.

I was achy, and though the climbs were not bad, the wind made progress slow. Arrived at 12 noon, in time to have lunch with the brothers.

Assumption Abbey is where Kathleen Norris wrote Dakota and Cloister Walk. Her work has been very influential in my own life and writing. In their bookshop were books by Dorothy Day and Thomas Merton. Later will eat dinner and attend Vespers.

The next few days will be rainy, would still like to chug along.


Jeremy



Assumption Abbey


this and following view from large dining room windows


Comments