2015 Flashcard Flash Fiction Contest
First Prize: $100, publication online, and publication on a Flashcard that will be distributed with Sycamore Review at AWP
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2015 (Contest opens January 1, 2015)
1. For each submission, send a piece of flash fiction of no more than 500 words.
2. A reading fee of $5 (submitted online) must accompany each submission.
3. Additional flash pieces may be submitted for an additional reading fee of $5 for per piece. Please submit each piece individually.
4. Manuscript pages should be numbered and should include the title of the piece.
5. All entries will be read blind. Information that identifies the author should NOT appear on the manuscript itself.
6. All pieces of flash fiction must be previously unpublished.
7. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable only if Sycamore Review is notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
8. Each flash piece will be read by two Sycamore Editors, with the winner selected by editorial vote.
9. All contest submissions will be considered for regular inclusion in Sycamore Review.
10. When submitting, be sure to select the Flashcard Prize option in our Submissions Manager.
Once your work has been submitted, you will be redirected to our secure payment website. Submissions will not be considered without an accompanying payment.
If you are not redirected for payment, chances are you accidentally submitted through the regular submission channel. If this is the case, withdraw your submission and resubmit, being careful to select the Flashcard Prize option. In the event the automatic redirect doesn’t work, or you have any problems getting to the payment area, try this direct link.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.