Spring, hopefully

We’ve had a few warmish days here in central Michigan—but nothing to write home about. Since I work 5 days a week I’ve maybe hit a few of these nice days on my day off. Sunday was one of these, though, not without expected change. There’s always a but at the end of a weather statement.

It got up to almost 80 and then came thunderstorms.

Around noon I started off on my bike to visit a family living on a farm who are moving to Hawaii. They were selling off everything and I had some can money I’d been saving from deposits and wanted to pass it along to them. The wind was ridiculous, but as we know that doesn’t usually stop me. I had it in both directions I took at about 25 mph, constant. But the roads were great: light traffic if any at all and out in the country.

Anyway, I noticed the next day at work that the trees have all budded and the magnolia trees up on folk’s lawns are almost ready to pop open. The forsythia bushes are in bloom. The daffodils are out and the tulips are right behind them.

It’s happening!



Comments