The Big Butte Burger

Saturday I got a treat. James Durham, a local T or C author came and picked me up and rode me around the area. We went up to the Elephant Butte resevoir and saw the dam and the lake. Later he took me to the Ivory Tusk for a burger. James ordered the Big Butte burger and I got the Good Dam Burger.

T or C is filled with artists and I got to meet a few of them the other night at the reception. At the end of this week, there is an art hop in town where I will give a reading.

On the work front: I finished the longer project I brought with me. Whew!
But, no worries, have a novel revision I need to finish up for my agent as well as some shorter pieces to write and work on. I even submitted last night to some journals. And guess what! The rejections are already piling in--faster than the pony express.

Okay, gotta go. I" going to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to go climb Turtleback Mt. described as a strenuous hike. I wonder if there is a dead zone like there is on Everest.
also described as a 4-hr round trip hike, so I doubt it.

Blog on that later.

Comments