Meppen to Wildehausen

Monday June 11, 2018, 126 km (78 miles) - Total so far: 382 km (237 miles)

Okay, much slower today. But, I'm in Germany. First, specifics.

Bread.

My plan today was to follow route 213 to Bremen. That didn't happen. After leaving Meppen, I got a little turned around, but sorted. I could just tell, though, navigation was not going to be as straightforward as yesterday. I arrived in Hasselunne to pick up the 213 at about 10 a.m. There was a church, there was a square, and a bakery. I pulled in for my first Berliner ever! And a few other pastries. I'm in Germany!

The 213 is a straight shot EXCEPT when it's not. Every town, not villages, there is a diversion, which sucks at least an hour or two. Really. Because you just can't rejoin the 213 anywhere; it becomes a major highway. I had to ride sometimes 2-3 KM further to intersect with it. Leaving Cloppenburg was a nightmare trying to access the 213. To explain: there is a bike path separate from the roadway, very pleasant, often wooded, and when on it I always know where I'm going. At 12:30 had another bakery stop in Lastrup. 2 p.m. was Cloppenburg. By Wildehausen I was at 116 KM and knew I should look for accommodation. I pulled into Acshenbeck Heino Campingplatz at almost 7. Only 8 Euros. It's beautiful.

So overall, a GREAT day, though, I didn't stick with the itinerary.

when in Germany follow these signs

beautiful camping spot

Meppen center

Comments