Day 7, Jonathan Dickinson - Ft. Lauderdale

Jonathan Dickinson - Ft. Lauderdale

Friday February 6, 2015, 65 miles (105 km) - Total so far: 368 miles (592 km)

So, after a rainy, blowy night, I awoke early and tried to dry my shorts, socks, etc on the hand dryer in the ladies. Also had to plug in phone to charge because the outlet at my OVERPRICED RV site wouldn't work for some reason. I was off at 7:30 to a dribbly overcast sky. Also it was cold. I had on both pants and over shirt to start. I really wanted HOT Florida.
About 10 miles down the road I met Steve, another tourer on his way to the Keys.

We rode together the rest of the day, and the miles just flew.


Bridge going up


Finally a pic of me
Today was a day of dodging coconuts in the road rather than nails.

The other big story has to do with reservations. I decided to stop at the library before going to my Warmshower host and make reservations for the fast ferry and camping. Nothing. No state park will have me. Everything is full. And even the ferry was booked for the day I needed.

So I'm here and have decided to go on and see what can be worked out. I reserved the ferry for Tuesday and must reach Key West by then

Comments