Our Friend's Documentary


Kevin Nikkel is raising funds and completing a side-by-side documentary about 1) finding "lost" footage of a documentary made in 1920 about the Hudson's Bay Co. 2) Now with that footage and some recent stuff making a documentary.

But, really, folks I love the Arctic, the Far North, stories and myths from those regions. READ Jack London's To Build A Fire a GREAT short story that has stayed with me ever since I read it as a kid. Anyway, Kevin has been spending time way up north, going to various villages and meeting with tribal leaders and with an IPAD showing them footage. What is amazing is that some of these elders are recognizing ancestors, grandfathers, great-uncles, etc. Can you imagine the look, the wonder, the idea that this way of life, this person caught forever in film! I'd be excited and I am excited to see the completed documentary.

Comments