Cozy Fire

This morning temps were in the low 50s and it’s only just September.

Last night we had a fire in our fire pit. It was Labor Day and so a holiday, a nice three-day weekend where my son-in-law worked in the ER and Grace and I were home with the children. Nevertheless, I got out on a long bike ride Labor Day morning where the sky was perfectly clear. An azure blue tablecloth stretching above. I did about 34 miles.

Almost every day I take my grandson out on the bike with the trailer attached. We ride the bike paths around Okemos and Lake Lansing. This summer I hosted a couple of cyclists from Oregon who began riding in Minot, ND to Pittsburgh, PA. I know, random. Anyway, when they stayed in my Tiny House I could tell they were nostalgic for their own grandchildren, they reminisced with me of visits with them and also wishing for a Tiny House close by to family.

All this reminds me, be grateful.

As we sit around the fire and eat marshmellow-less s’mores and read stories and watch the flames, we celebrate family and the close of summer, and welcome a new season, new things.



Comments