Growing Sunlight

My job at the bike shop involves an array of hours. Some days are 9 – 5, some 11 – 7, some, lie today, 10 – 6. In deep dark winter after the time change, when leaving after close, I’ll have to turn on all lights and my blinking helmet while riding home. As we get close to spring equinox I’m having to less and less. The sun currently is setting around 6:30. Seven pm close it definitely is dark, but 6 and 5 I can now ride home in light—sometimes taking a detour through the woods and onto a board plank bridge that straddles a marsh. I am more likely to stop at Aldis before coming home for few items as it also isn’t so cold as to freeze my TP before arriving in my driveway.

The whole idea of growing light at both ends of the day is lending me a better attitude. Two days ago it was 18 degrees as I rode to work wearing my lobster gloves reserved for the coldest days. I was not ready to head back to those after a day before of 70 degree temperatures. But, it is spring. Or at least we’re getting there.

Leaning toward sunlight.



Comments