Arrived Zurich, Unterwasser



I left for Detroit on the Michigan Flyer bus. No problem taking the bike in the undercarriage bay. That and so many questions plagued me; I just needed to walk and see how things were going to unwind.  Once at airport I right away got a luggage cart and was able to transport boxed bike to oversize baggage check-in. It was seamless. I waited 2 hours to board.

Who knew they didn't serve an onboard meal? Luckily I'd seen a shop as I headed to my gate and got a monster salad. After take off I fell asleep until wakened for our descent into Reykjavík, Iceland. Technically it was 2 a.m. but local time the sun was just coming up. I slept again during my connecting flight, which left within 30 minutes of landing. So quickly I got sorted. This flight also lasted about 5 hours.

Once at Zurich Airport I had to do a few things right away: use bathroom, find cash machine/bankomatic, and find checked luggage. I did one and three. Again, used a luggage cart nearby and carried my stuff over by a machine that scanned my boarding pass in order to get Wi-Fi. My phone was not getting data.

Yet right after writing a text my friend Johanna showed up and we were soon out by her car. More questions answered.

We made it to Unterwasser set high in the mountains where tomorrow we'll take a hike and I'll try to put the bike back together.

Comments