New Work up

Recently I’ve had a spat of acceptances. I’m happy to announce, you can read my work, a creative nonfiction piece excerpted from my longer cnf project about cycling through the UK from top to bottom, John O’Groats in Scotland to Land’s End in Cornwall. This piece is called Life in the Midden about the mess of living while at the same time recognizing the random treasures along the way.

Here is a link to Life in the Midden up now at Amsterdam Quarterly.

Shortly, I will be announcing links to 3 other accepted pieces. An essay about writing called Writing Life will appear in Teach. Write an online newsletter for teachers of writing/composition. And a link to another creative nonfiction flash called Peeper Pond that will be out soon from Instant Noodles. Finally, another piece, a short story, called Keep Moving will appear in Adanna, a publication featuring writing for and about women.

Again, publishing does not equate to any kind of reimbursement. It is usually considered content, a donation of my efforts. So a bit conflicted. I love seeing my work read and appreciated, yet struggle with how I should feel professionally. I need to untangle all this somehow—the writing is what’s important, making the work the best it can be

there will be an answer

.

Comments