I’m Open!



It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve read a book that’s grabbed me. So, dear reader(s), if you have any suggestions, send them my way. I’d love to hear from you.

ALSO this past weekend while at a New Year’s Writers Retreat I met someone who had read my blog. Whoa, a brush with infamy.

The New Year’s Writers Retreat was a great test run for my artist residency the end of next month. Before I entered the building I panicked: what if I fail?

Maybe it was how I was raised or self esteem issues, but I’m always measuring myself to see if I add up. Sadly I’m usually lacking.

But I’m proud to report I was no slacker. I spent close to 48 hours getting some good work done. I’m 10,000 words into a new project. We’ll see where this one goes.

Comments

Sheila said…
Hi!

Okay -- I mentioned several of these in a post to the SCBWI-IL list, so if you've already read them, let me know.

Middle Grade:
Saving Sky, The Other Half of My Heart, One Crazy Summer

YA:
After, Dirty Little Secrets

Adult:
Tinkers

I took the challenge that Brenda Ferber made and set my goal very low-- 100 words/day for 365 days. I am writing a sort of memoir, just to share with our kids, grandkids, etc. The words are adding up!

Take care,
Sheila
Sheila
Read one crazy summer
Rosemary Brosnan, the editor for my YA was the editor on this!
great book and it garnered a few awards at ALA this week.
Jane
Sheila said…
Hi!

That year (1968) was one of such turmoil and sadness. As a teacher in an inner city school, I could feel the frustration all around. It was also the year my husband and I were married. Our daughter was married in October, 2001. Life goes on --